Monday, January 26, 2009

2nd Grading Period

The most valuable topic we went over this past grading period to me was when we were studying the “Dialogues of Plato”. I learned a little bit more on how much knowledge comes from never ending questions and making sure I look at all sides of each small situation or problem. It will defiantly help me academically and personally in the future because I think it helps being able to solve all sorts of problems academic or personal. I think it will help in school because the unlimited amount of papers I will have to write will be a little easier after I use what we call the “Socratic Method” and take every view of the topic to be able to write more clearly. I do it now with my papers and it has helped a lot. I think it will be useful in relationship if there is a problem and looking at their point of view and not only mine. The “Socratic Method” is kind of what I believe to be the main topic or idea behind our class; talking things out and learning the history and taking a side after hearing each, it is what I like most about the class for sure.

No comments: