Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cloning

There are so many different things I think of when the topic cloning comes to mind. My opinion on cloning is I disagree with it; I think it is immoral and we should leave human creation to Mother Nature. Through the notes I have read about the movie I missed they talk about therapeutic cloning which clones organs of the human body that can be donated to people with troubled or non-functioning organs. It seems this could be a great aid to the medical field but the thing I am most scared of especially after reading “Brave New World” is if we start to clone little things such as animals and organs I don’t think there is anything that can stop us from cloning human beings. In the article it mentions parents being able to choose the gender and things such as genetic engineering is terrifying to think of; there are obvious advantages to do cloning and have genetic engineering such as eliminating diseases at birth but just to think if this scientific intelligence would fall into the wrong hands such as Hitler for instance he could and probably would have created a superhuman race that could have ruled the world. It’s scary to think of what the future can bring and we have to learn to chose wisely as to what is best for that future.

No comments: