Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Last Blog/1st Quarter

I think the most interesting theme in our class has been the “Law and Justice” topic we just finished. Inherit the Wind is really what got my attention for this theme because it was one of those books once I started to read I couldn’t put down. I could say I learned to always stand up for what I believe in even if it may be wrong, but we already do that, the theme more gave me the drive to go out and let my voice be heard; instead of just putting my two cents in I want to make it clear everyone knows what I think. It’s not just a lesson we learn in class and then soon forget I will be able to take it with me as I move on. The value of this theme brings me back to the “Law and Justice” article, “I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and willingly accepts the penalty by staying in jail to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustices is in reality expressing the very highest respect for the law” – Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments: